One of the global fortune 500 companies virtualizes crtical business applications for enhanced security and reduced downtime
HPCL is a Government of India enterprise listed among Forbes 2000 and Global Fortune 500 companies. HPCL owns and operates through two major refineries producing wide variety of petroleum fuels & specialties, with a combined capacity of 15.8 MMTP capacity. HPCL has the second largest share of product pipelines in India with a pipeline network of more than 3370 kms and a vast marketing network consisting of 13 zonal offices and 106 regional offices. They also boast of a strong supply and distribution network, comprising terminals, pipeline networks, aviation service stations, LPG bottling plants etc.
1. Need for rapid application & desktop delivery
2. Small IT team to support the large on-premise infrastructure
3. Unoptimized utilization of IT resources
4. Load balancing issues
5. Low bandwidth network
HPCL Mumbai premises is distributed across an area of 321 acres. Their IT team has to manage technology services, application & internet access to users all across the refinery by visiting each & every individual user’s location. Mumbai team needed a solution that can provide rapid desktops & applications delivery to end user across location, client-less application access, Multi-factor authorization, disaster recovery, single sign-on. Biggest challenge was to provide all of these features through a 40-100 Kbps bandwidth network.
1. VDI solution was deployed to deliver fast, reliable access to all apps and desktops 2. Highly secure access to virtualized apps and data was enabled using application access gateway 3. Seamless, centralized management of all apps and endpoints from VDI portal, was provisioned
1. Flexibility and scalability to deliver new system upgrade & support
2. High-performance 24 x 7 availability
3. Standardized systems
4. Reduced IT costs by 25%
5. Robust & comprehensive disaster recovery
6. Enhanced security and stability with minimal downtime
You May Also Like
Deutsche Bank AG, India adopted Accops HyWorks and HySecure to securely deliver business applications & desktops to vendors.
RGCIRC adopted Accops HyWorks and HyDesk to achieve application and desktop virtualization for seamless user experience.
LIC India rolled out Accops HySecure to enable its agents and branch office users to securely access regional data centres over Internet.
Ready to get started?
Connect with our technology consultants